[linux-audio-user] how to compile timidity

Dragan Noveski perodog at gmx.net
Fri Jul 21 08:19:53 EDT 2006

hi,
i am trying to remove from my system all the packages which are
depending of the jackd debian package, for being able to run jackd from
svn.
compiling timidity works, but timidity wonts not to start.
the distri version from timidity i used to start with "jacklaunch
timidity -ig".
now, starting the self-made timidity with the same command gives:

nowhiskey at murija2:~$ jacklaunch timidity -ig
/usr/local/share/timidity/timidity.cfg: No such file or directory
timidity: Can't read any configuration file.
Please check /usr/local/share/timidity/timidity.cfg
nowhiskey at murija2:~$

in /usr/local/share there is no timidity on my system:

nowhiskey at murija2:/usr/share$ whereis timidity
timidity: /etc/timidity /usr/local/bin/timidity
nowhiskey at murija2:

though there are so many additional options for building timidity.
perhaps someone is able to give me an example how to configure timidity
that it can be started with the command jacklaunch timidity -ig?

i tried already with this
./configure --enable-gtk --enable-xskin --enable-alsaseq
--with-default-output=jack

regards,
doc