[linux-audio-user] Linux Vocoder (?)

Johan Mattsson mayouan at isonews2.com
Sun Jul 23 19:24:41 EDT 2006

Pieter Palmers wrote:
> http://www.sirlab.de/linux/download_vocoder.html

This is a nice program, but there is some problems with it, the stand
alone application does not have support for JACK. It is desirable since
JACK makes it a lot easier to plug a soft synths as formant. The LADSPA
plugin could do this with inserted to a program (e.g AMS) but I wanted a
more flexible approach so I thought it was a good idea using it with
JACK-RACK. This is not possible because JACK-RACK assumes that every
plugin has equally many input as output ports.

I changed the LADSPA-plugin so it registers two outputports and therfore
works with JACK-RACK.  Further more have I added some LADSPA_HINTS that
suggests appropriate default values, however JACK-RACK seems not to be
able to handle the controls in a proper way, but as far as I understand
is my changes valid according to LADSPA specifications and the problem
is in jack-rack.

I guess it could be done with ecasound too, but i never got the
parameters right.

Here is the a patch for this, I admit it is not a very nice way of
solving the problem but it works.

Johan