[linux-audio-user] Can't Start OM

Dave Robillard drobilla at connect.carleton.ca
Wed Jul 26 12:43:51 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-25 at 12:13 -0700, DCZX wrote:
> Compiled OM from CVS... ran JACK, ran lashd... then I
> ran OM:
>
> downerczx@(none):~> om
> [AlsaMidiDriver] Successfully opened ALSA sequencer.
> [OSC] Started OSC server at osc.udp://(none):16180/
> [PreProcessor] Launching thread.
> [PostProcessor] Starting.
> [LashDriver] Lash initialised
>
> then om_gtk
> downerczx@(none):~> om_gtk
> [GladeFactory] Loading widgets from
> /usr/local/share/om/om_gtk.glade
> [Configuration] Unable to open settings file
> /home/downerczx/.omgtkrc
> [LashController] Lash initialised
> [OSCController] Started OSC listener on port 14173
> [OSCController] Attaching to engine at
> osc.udp://(none):16180/
> Segmentation fault
>
> everytime... something wrong with hostnames or aliases
> I suspect but I can't fix it... any ideas? thanks.

Please post Om (not an acronynm, BTW) questions to the Om list, I barely
ever watch this list.  You're lucky :)

"(none)" for the hostname is.. uhh... "interesting".  You might need to
add a localhost entry to /etc/hosts (which comes up quite a bit.  eg:

127.0.0.1 localhost

CVS is a bit wacky though, things are in transition right now.  Try this
version for now until the new tree is ready for public consumption:

http://www.scs.carleton.ca/~drobilla/files/om-synth-0.3.0pre.tar.bz2

-DR-