[linux-audio-user] Re: customize equalizer for XMMS?

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Wed Jul 26 20:31:42 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 08:57 +1000, Loki Davison wrote:

> Maybe use the ladspa plugin support in xmms

How did I forget that? :-(

Yes, there's a ton of powerful LADSPA plugins that can be used directly
from within XMMS. E.g., I loaded the TAP EQ BW and only flattened the
peak at 9kHz and filled the valley at 16kHz and... wow! what a
difference it makes!
The phones are still a bit harsh but now they're bearable.

I wish that EQ could go below 40Hz so I can fill in the hole in the low
frequencies. Well, I guess I could always load up a parametric EQ but it
would be nicer to solve all the issues with just one plugin.

Thanks!

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/