[linux-audio-user] [ANN] bcx2000edit: Editor for BCR2000/BCF2000

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Thu Jun 1 09:44:46 EDT 2006

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 13:21:09 +0200
Klaus Kosten <klaus.kosten at gmx.de> wrote:

> Pieter Palmers schrieb:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I had to familiarize myself with python for work, and I took it as an
> > opportunity to hack on something I've want for some time now. I have
> > these behringer control surfaces, and they are pretty cool, but there is
> > no editor for them on linux. And using the device interface itself is a
> > little cumbersome.
> >

> Didn´t you try the editor from Behringer´s homepage? It´s written in
> Java and runs under Linux, too. Not everything is functional, but that
> applies to (at least) Win98 as well.

I never got the Behringer software to run acceptably well under Linux.
Details of my tests are at the bottom of the page at
   http://ardour.org/manual/control_surfaces/bcf2000

Pieter, I haven't had a chance to look at your software yet, but many
thanks for diving into it!  If it writes the changes back to the BCF, you've
already improved on behringer's own software.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com