[linux-audio-user] Re: nifty gizmo

Paul Davis paul at linuxaudiosystems.com
Sat Jun 3 17:32:48 EDT 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-02 at 21:16 +0200, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> I wish the monome-people all the best with their stuff, they seem to
> have the right attitude. This also is visible in their "about" page
> with words like this:
>
>   we choose not to outsource production in cases where it supports
>   controversial governments, exploits workers, and leads to
>   destructive environmental practices. by working with small, local
>   companies we hope to foster long-term relationships, gain more
>   insight and control over production, and actually witness our
>   products? progression. as a result we engage in continuous and
>   responsive design. we choose to support companies who share our
>   values; companies who provide living wages, clean and safe working
>   environments, and high quality goods.
>
> $500 may be a lot of money, but obviously one shouldn't expect
> Behringer prices with these standards.

Very strongly echoed. The price still seems very high, but that is
mostly because Behringer and many others have convinced us that its
normal to pay (for example) US$120 for a full-featured MIDI pedal board.
if the world had less hands in pockets, and more hands on hearts, we'd
be paying more for everything but be so much richer at the same time.
its great to see some other people trying to live up to such goals.