[linux-audio-user] Apogee Ensemble / Freebob

Pieter Palmers pieterp at joow.be
Mon Jun 5 18:12:22 EDT 2006

Carlo Capocasa wrote:
> Hi!
>
> What's the status of the Apogee Ensemble with Freebob?

The product page says:
"FireWire 400 I/O, compatible with OS X Core Audio (no driver required)"
As far as I know, this 'no driver required' on OSX is a feature of the
BeBoB based solutions (only?).

We had positive reports for the AD-16X and the DA-16X with FreeBoB, and
the product page indicates that they use the same control panel for all
of these products.

All circumstantial evidence of course, but I would expect it to be
usable with FreeBob. I haven't tried one yet though.

You can always ask their customer department if the Ensembe is BeBoB
based. Or direct this to the FreeBoB-devel mailing list, I'm not sure
everyone there is watching this list.

Greets,

Pieter Palmers
FreeBoB developer