[linux-audio-user] Freesound preview problem

Ismael Valladolid Torres ivalladolidt at terra.es
Wed Jun 14 05:37:28 EDT 2006

Lee Revell escribe:
> On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 13:11 +0200, Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:
> > I just installed Ubuntu Dapper Drake. I am trying to hear previews
> > browsing the Freesound web page using the bundled Firefox, but
> > nothing's heard. It works fine here on W2K with Mozilla.
> >
> > ALSA works fine. I can download the samples and play them using aplay.
> >
> > Anything else needs to be installed or set up?
>
> How are the sounds provided?  Flash, MP3, .wav etc?
>
> I don't think Firefox can play sound by itself.  Which plugin is being
> used?  Mplayer, totem, ?

I can't tell. I know that Flash is being tested and that for sure
Flash will be used in the near future. Flash previewer looks cute.

Cordially, Ismael
--
 Ismael Valladolid Torres        OpenPGP key ID: 0xDE721AF4
                                      Jabber ID: ivalladt at jabberes.org
  http://digitrazos.info/
  http://lamediahostia.blogspot.com/  ~When I grow up I will go there~