[linux-audio-user] Re: Intel HDA and Jack

I. E. Smith-Heisters public at 0x09.com
Fri Jun 16 17:14:47 EDT 2006

Well.. just in case someone sees something that I don't, I thought I'd
include a transcript of a failed session. But I don't see any errors
there, except that it crashes, of course.
# jackd -v -R -dalsa -dhw:0 -r48000 -p1024 -n2 -S
getting driver descriptor from /usr/lib/libjack0.100.0-0/jack_alsa.so
getting driver descriptor from /usr/lib/libjack0.100.0-0/jack_dummy.so
getting driver descriptor from /usr/lib/libjack0.100.0-0/jack_oss.so
jackd 0.100.0
Copyright 2001-2005 Paul Davis and others.
jackd comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY

server `default' registered
apparent rate = 48000
creating alsa driver ... hw:0|hw:0|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|16bit
control device hw:0
registered builtin port type 32 bit float mono audio
running with uid=0 and euid=0, will not try to use capabilites
new client: alsa_pcm, id = 1 type 1 @ 0x8058a78 fd = -1
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
nperiods = 2 for capture
nperiods = 2 for playback
new buffer size 1024
registered port alsa_pcm:capture_1, offset = 4096
registered port alsa_pcm:capture_2, offset = 8192
registered port alsa_pcm:playback_1, offset = 0
registered port alsa_pcm:playback_2, offset = 0
++ jack_rechain_graph():
client alsa_pcm: internal client, execution_order=0.
-- jack_rechain_graph()
6316 waiting for signals
jackd watchdog: timeout - killing jackd
Aborted
#

Thanks for any tips you might have. I'm quite stumped. Either no one
has tried to use jack with an ICH7 family chipset (highly
unlikely--it's quite common), or no one's run into this problem, since
I can't find a single post about problems with ICH7 and Jack through
Google.

Thanks again,
ian