[linux-audio-user] RME Multiface II

Link Swanson link at sumerianbabyl.com
Sat Jun 17 20:30:36 EDT 2006

On Sat, June 17, 2006 5:35 pm, Joachim wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I am new to this list and currently planing to shift
> from Windows to Linux because of the inacceptable
> future plans regarding DRM etc. .
>
> For the audiocard I plan to use a RME Multiface II
> which is not listed in the ALSA soundcard matrix:
> http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/index.php?vendor=vendor-RME#matrix
>
> AFAIK the changes didn't affect the driver so that the
> from the driver view it should be possible to use the Multiface II
> with the driver used for the Multiface (I).
>
> Does anyone already use the Multiface II successfully in a Linux system?

I use the Multiface II/HDSP PCI card with my Fedora Core 5 Planet CCRMA
system and everything works beautifully. The HDSP mixer and HDSP conf
utilities are installed automatically with alsa and work "out of the box"
for me. The versatility and quality is amazing.

This is actually weird timing for you to ask about this because I was
planning on listing my Multiface II/HDSP PCI system on eBay tomorrow in
order to pay my rent and car insurance (booo)  :(

To respect the integrity of this list, please email me privately if you
are interested.

Hope this helps

Link

--