[linux-audio-user] Re: Intel HDA and Jack

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Mon Jun 19 16:10:44 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 02:27 +0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Lee Revell wrote:
> > On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 01:55 +0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> >> Well you know I don't suggest that to everyone on this forum. In this
> >> case though I had a very similar problem that was fixed by delving
> >> into the kernel config.
> >
> > Unless you can explain exactly what you changed, you are just confusing
> > people.  It's a bad idea to just go changing random kernel config
> > options.
> >

> I merely suggested he look at his config and possibly the DMA settings.
> I didn't say he should do a Russian roulette.

These are the only DMA related settings in my kernel config.  I doubt
that any of them could be related to the inability to run JACK in RT
mode.

$ zgrep DMA /proc/config.gz
CONFIG_GENERIC_ISA_DMA=y
CONFIG_ISA_DMA_API=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA_PCI=y
# CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA_FORCED is not set
CONFIG_IDEDMA_PCI_AUTO=y
# CONFIG_IDEDMA_ONLYDISK is not set
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA=y
# CONFIG_IDEDMA_IVB is not set