[linux-audio-user] which graphics card?

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 20 15:52:35 EDT 2006

Hi,

I need a display card that supports dual monitors
out-of-the-box. This is for an audio box so 3D or
whatever fancy features aren't needed. I'm running FC5
with Planet CCRMA and have no interest in changing
distros. Experimentations in the xorg.conf file are
unacceptable. Is that realistic? I'd like the thing to
be OSS and licensed GPL so Lee Revel doesn't rip the
jewels from my body when I ask for help configuring
it. Of course the card you recommend is gonna work out
of the box so Lee would never know if I'm sleeping
with the devil...

It took alot of time to configure the ATI Radeon 9500
to properly span dual monitors in FC3. I saved the
xorg.conf file but of course it's back to the same old
configuration nausea with FC5. And google searches
return confusion and depressing news. I'll search a
little more while waiting for some good advice.

Thanks much,

Ron

I love Linux, I hate Linux...it never ends. I'm gonna
poke out one of my eyes, fill the socket with salt and
run around preaching the virtues of open source
software to anyone I can get to listen to me. OK, I
don't feel any better but will shutup.