[linux-audio-user] JACK samplerate stuck at 48000

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Tue Jun 20 20:45:43 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 02:35 +0000, Cesare Marilungo wrote:
> >I think cards defaulted to 48000Hz before DVDs existed.  I believe
> the
> >AC97 spec requires it and it's cheapest to support a single sample
> rate
> >and rely on a software sample rate converter for everything else.
> >
> >Lee
> >

> Not all. On my desktop pc (which has a VIA 8237, an AC97 based card -
> the mb is a ASUS K8V-X) jack lets me choose both sample rates.

Yeah, some VIA chipsets have a hardware sample rate converter.  But it's
getting less and less common.  And a hardware SRC is almost never as
good as the best software SRCs.

IMHO it's best to run JACK at the highest sample rate your hardware
supports then downsample with a high quality software SRC if your target
sample rate is 44.1Khz.

Lee