[linux-audio-user] midi ctrl

Stephen Cameron smcameron at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 23 16:05:12 EDT 2006

--- "njcross at sbcglobal.net" <njcross at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> Is there a linux midi program that takes midi controller data and
> transform it to midi note data?
> Seems really simple?
> cheers,
> Nev.

Isn't the data that comes from a midi controller typically
already in the form of noteon/noteoff events?

I know when I was messing around with an Akai MPD16
(drumpad thingy) I was getting note-ons coming out
of it.  There was no real "conversion" necessary,
though I filtered out some things it was sending which
I wasn't interested in.

Maybe I misunderstand your question -- and I'm amateur,
so don't take what I say as being authoritative by
any stretch.

Maybe you mean record incoming MIDI events into a MIDI
format file?  There's arecordmidi

-- steve