[linux-audio-user] Help setting up linux for high quality music listening via JACK

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 20:50:48 EDT 2006

Lee,
   It is a VERY lightweight piece of software, as far as I can tell.
Few libraries that you won't have already, although they tend to want
fairly recent versions of the libraries.

   The source is available here:

http://aqualung.sourceforge.net/

   Aqualung is available through portage to anyone using the Pro-Audio
overlay. Instructions for that are here:

http://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.php?title=Usage

   Once the overlay is set up Aqualung shows up in eix:

mark at lightning ~ $ eix aqualung
* media-sound/aqualung-cvs [2]
     Available versions:  1
     Installed:           1
     Homepage:            http://aqualung.sourceforge.net

[1] /usr/local/portage
[2] /usr/portage/local/layman/pro-audio

Found 1 matches
mark at lightning ~ $

BTW: Aqualung has recently been reworked for good real-time
performance. It's working very well for me but it is alpha-level
software as far as these changes go.

   Other recent changes in Aqualung include Album mode playback
including Album level shuffle play. Make a large list of albums and it
randomly picks one for you to listen too. I enjoy it.

Hope this helps,
Mark