[linux-audio-user] Aqualung on Debian? Can it be done?

Florian Paul Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Thu Jun 29 04:33:34 EDT 2006

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:56:43 +0200
Florian Paul Schmidt <mista.tapas at gmx.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 23:08:08 -0500
> Andrew Lester <martinblank64 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > So does anybody know how to get Aqualung working on Debian? Gentoo is
> > not an option for me. I really would like to get it working, but it
> > depends on a very outdated version of libjack.
>
> Sure,
>
> compile it from source. I did it yesterday.

Meeting the depndencies is just a matter of installing the respective
-dev packages. One problem persisted though: I couldn't get it to build
with musepack support. Though i have libmpdcdec-dev installed. It seems
aqualung uses some other version as it expects a musepack/musepack.h
which is not contained in libmpcdec-dev. The configure test succeeds
though, but building fails (configuring with --with-mpc=no succeeds and
builds fine).

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_contents.pl?word=musepack.h&searchmode=searchfiles&case=insensitive&version=unstable&arch=i386

says musepack.h is not included in any debian package in unstable. So it
seems, either aqualung is wrong or debian. As i'm quite contend with
xmms i will not investigate this further ;)

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!
http://tapas.affenbande.org