[linux-audio-user] Successfully installed Aqualung, how do I use the GUI?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 14:59:26 EDT 2006

On 6/29/06, Andrew Lester <martinblank64 at comcast.net> wrote:
> I finally got aqualung installed, but it seems that typing "aqualung"
> into the konsole starts a text-based version of it. I hope this is not a
> stupid question, but how do I start the GUI?
>
> Also, how must I configure the jack soundserver and the jack output
> plugin for aqualung to make sure the sound is not getting re-sampled at
> all? And how would I set up low-latency operation?

Very strange. I've never heard of anyone using a text version. I would
guess this is caused by the way you ran ./configure possibly? Post
back your configure step?

Also check to make sure you don't have conflicting versions, like one
in /usr/bin and a second in /usr/local/bin. (Again, a ./configure
issue...)

To run Aqualung with things hooked up the way I want I start it from a
Gnome GUI icon with these properties:

aqualung -o jack --auto=alsa_pcm:playback_17,alsa_pcm:playback_18

Hope this helps,
Mark