[linux-audio-user] Re: Digital Fidelity

David dplist at free.fr
Wed Mar 1 19:27:52 EST 2006

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 12:24:26 -0800
"Maluvia" <terakuma at imbris.net> wrote:

> As you say, some comments I made appear to call into question basic
> premises most of you take as absolutely fundamental, and were hence
> unwelcome if not heretical.

Yes, this is what I meant. And yes, there are OT threads on LAU, and
they sometimes are enlightening, insightful, memorable or just plain
boring. But questioning the core principle of computer programming or
computer use is bound to be received ("perceived" :) as provocation.
And argue with people like Paul Davis on *this very subject* is bound
to failure, if not rude.

And I personaly wouldn't use a word like "heretical" here, I'm too wary
of religious perceptions (once again !) to use such a heavy word. There
is an agreement on using the same tools here, not a dogma we obey to.

Anyway, I wish you to keep having a good time making or listening to
music, through whatever device pleases you the most. Hearing is great.

But this is just my perception of things ... ;)

--
David