[linux-audio-user] ALSA confusion

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Thu Mar 2 16:31:51 EST 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-02 at 21:26 +0000, cdr wrote:

> i guess i will just write a nice audio player as a DSSI plugin, and
> add a scripting layer to hook into amarok's database schema, since
> that seems easier than fighting with all of the above :) i just want
> to hear music damnit....

You must have some bizarre Win-soundcard that doesn't support any of the
formats people actually use for .wav files, and/or be trying to use a
USB audio device, which are impossible to determine good default
settings for without hardware documentation.

Yes, ALSA could be more user friendly, but my SBLive! has always Just
Worked.

Lee