[linux-audio-user] Web-based collaborative band/musicians app?

Jacob jacob01 at gmx.net
Fri Mar 3 05:27:04 EST 2006

Hello,

I'm looking for a web-based application that supports working on and
discussing of music and pieces within an band. What do I would like to
do with such an app:

  - Upload of mp3 takes which has been recorded during rehearsals or
    sessions.
  - Click somewhere in a timeline based image (e.g. amplitude/time or
    spectrum/time) and the playback starts there.
  - Define views on parts of an mp3 recording, because they are
    sometimes several hours long and often contain different songs and
    lots of talk
  - Attach Comments (of different musicians) to certain parts or
    timestamps of a recording
  - Discuss pieces, eventually with inclusion of some staves (which
    should be rendered on the server).
  - All editing should be stored in a versioning repository, like most
    wikis do.

  - It should be usable be musicians who don't have a degree in
    information sciences and who don't want to spent to much time with
    the platform itself. Perhaps something like a wiki for musicians.
  - Hardware requisites on the user side should not be more than be a web
    browser (graphics based) and a mp3 playing app that is capable to
    play back streams.

What I'm _not_ looking for:

  - Something like Ardour with a web frontend (ok, it wouldn't be a show
    stopper if it's features were available as well).

So, before starting to write something like that on my own from scratch
I would like to know, if there is some similar project out there in the
world that needs some contribution instead and that would be usable in
the short term.

Thanks for reading,

Yours,

Jacob