[linux-audio-user] Re: Smack ideas. What else do people want in a drum synth?

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Fri Mar 3 12:41:24 EST 2006

"Loki Davison" <loki.davison at gmail.com>:

> sounds mean! ;-) Industrial i can do, as well as the phil
> collins style. If anyone has other requests, do tell.

If I were to conceive a rythm synth I'd look at ideas from
voice synthesis. Not going for language or realism, mind you,
but for something between the real and the robot. Vowels and
gradations hardcore-grade.

Is Phil Collins high on the list? Not that I miss the sound. I
mean, there's only 3 zillion samples of his snare around. And
honestly: Industrial rythm from a synth is so pathetic. I saw
"Einstuerzende Neubauten" once and after that the idea of
someone trying to make a synth sound like them just never
recovered. Plus the time seems to be over somewhat. But who am
I to say, ignore me :)

--
Wolfgang