[linux-audio-user] Re: slightly OT: supercomputer music

Maluvia terakuma at imbris.net
Sat Mar 4 10:00:19 EST 2006

>does anyone know of instances of big computing power going into making
>music?  Any recordings?  Just one of those questions rolling around
>the head.

Don't they do this on the soundtracks for many big-budget film productions?
I remember a fascinating special feature about how they did the sound
effects on one of those animated films (I think it was 'Road to ElDorado')

I believe they use a number of clusters and what not - and I'll bet you
anything at least some of them are running Linux.

-M