[linux-audio-user] Re: LinuxMAO.org, a french Linux Audio Wiki

Thomas Vecchione seablaede at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 22:27:06 EST 2006

> I don't know what part of America you live in, but there's TONS of
> culture where I am.  Maybe you didn't get into the city enough.

Just for the sake of sake of clarity, I will define my definition of
culture for this message as Individual Culture, or culture that
identifies you from the rest.

Unfortunatly it is actually very little comparitively and fading fast.
I currently line in a city, and have toured to most cities as part of my
work(Musical Theater Engineer, Touring shows pay well).

I have also spent a fair amount of time touring europe on occasion, and
have to agree, there was much more culture there than I had ever seen in
America.  I also have seen what little culture is in america that is
individualistic is fading fast anbd being replaced by large
corporations, chain restaurants snuffing out the local flavor of
restaurant and the like.

Also though America does tend to fight learning other languages(I wont
speak for Britain).  Just take how much effort is put into teaching a
second language in school.  Most countries teach at least two languages
from the start, but in america how many people remember a fraction of
what they had to learn to graduate 5 years later?  We are at best forced
to take 4 semesters of it here, but 24-32 semesters of english.  the
amount of difference is startling.

           Seablade