[linux-audio-user] slightly OT: supercomputer music

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Sun Mar 5 01:24:21 EST 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-04 at 08:56 -0500, Greg wrote:
> does anyone know of instances of big computing power going into making
> music?  Any recordings?  Just one of those questions rolling around
> the head.

Why would you need a lot of CPU power for?

This thing...

http://www.hartmann-music.com/home/

...is only using the power of one normal CPU and it already makes very
unusual and interesting sounds.

I'm not bashing the idea, I'm just saying - find out why you would need
a lot of processing power to generate music and you'll probably have
your question answered.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/