[linux-audio-user] Re: Re: LinuxMAO.org, a french Linux Audio Wiki

Maluvia terakuma at imbris.net
Sun Mar 5 13:10:42 EST 2006

>apt-get upgrade culture

Spoken like a hard-core hacker. :)

>certainly i read this list and work with linux audio tools while my
>roommates watch people shoot at each other on the tv.  i don't think
>i'm any better than those guys - in fact, i wish i were as easily
>amused.

I don't think it's an issue of whose 'better' than who - to me it's more a
matter of a demonstrated willingness to grow, change and adapt.
Americans - for many reasons lanas mentioned - just tend to be insular w/re
to the rest of the world.
This isn't healthy from an evolutionary standpoint, and if continued, will
lead to certain societal decline and diminishing global influence and
significance.

>i must take the canonized developer's attitude on this.  don't like
>our culture?  submit a bug report, or learn to code a patch.

Precisely what we are trying to do in our own unique fashion.
I think it really starts at home - reforming yourself first, and focusing
on how you raise your own children.
If we each tend our own gardens, then I think the rest will take care of
itself.

>best antidote i've seen so far is the emergence of freely available
>media production tools, as are refined and developed in forums such as
>this one.

I abolutely agree.

>yours in america, proud land of harry partch and kurt vonnegut,

And let's not leave out - 'the Blues', perhaps America's most precious gift
to the planet.

- Maluvia