[linux-audio-user] agnula/demudi unable to acces the internet.

tim hall tech at glastonburymusic.org.uk
Sun Mar 5 21:38:56 EST 2006

Lee Revell wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-03-05 at 23:31 +0000, Bal Dobe wrote:
>
>>Lee
>>
>>I connect to the internet via a 3com router, using PPPoE while demudi is
>>tying to connect using PPPoA.
>>
>>I do have other distros that are able to connect to the internet,
>>Xubuntu 32 and 64 bit and a 64 bit DEbian based distro called 64Studio.
>>

>>I do wonder why demudi would not be able to support my router.  Can I
>>not just copy a file fm one of my other distros?
>>

> No, it's not that simple.
>
> This is a bug in Demudi, your only hope is to get it fixed.  Is it
> maintained?

I doubt this is a bug in demudi, I'm fairly sure the network
configuration tools are no different to those in Debian or Ubuntu.

I don't understand why you're using either PPPoE or PPPoA, Bal, you
would use these for connecting directly to a modem, surely? Have a look
and check how the other distros are doing it - I would expect them to
talk directly to the router via a straightforward network connection. If
you really have to use PPP for this, then it could be complicated to
configure.

cheers,

tim hall
/|\