[linux-audio-user] Aligning audiofiles for different recorders.

Alex Polite notmyprivateemail at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 10:34:34 EST 2006

On 3/7/06, R Parker <rtp405 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> two wireless lavs
> two channels of compression
> one very small mixer
> one small recording device

I did consider a solution along these lines but rejected it:

1) I have to invest i a lot of expensive equipment.
2) I have to carry that equipment around.
3) It'll probably be hard to find battery powered equipment.
4) If I want to add another interviewee the two channel recorder I
have now will not do.

I use the Iriver H340 recorder with the Rockbox firmware. It's
consumer grade but quite adequate for my purposes (FM radio and
podcast). I want my setup to remain affordable and easy to move.

Also I have now tested to align the audio files from different
recorders using ardour and is quite doable, but somewhat time
consuming. So the question is just if it can be automated.

alex

--
Alex Polite
http://flosspick.org - finding the right open source