[linux-audio-user] Re: Aligning audiofiles for different recorders.

R Parker rtp405 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 7 11:02:05 EST 2006

--- Arnold Krille <arnold.krille at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2006/3/7, R Parker <rtp405 at yahoo.com>:
> > two wireless lavs
> > two channels of compression
> > one very small mixer
> > one small recording device
>
> Why the mixer?
>
> For preamping? That would be before the compressor.
> For mixing? If the recorder has two channels its
> better to record both
> mics to separate channels and mix later.

That isn't necesarry, it's time consuming and time is
money. What I described with the television truck is
productions that have a requirement for good
production quality. We produce final product in the
field as a rule. Our product always meets or exceeds
the quality expectation. This is an enviroment where
zero tolerance for error is the rule. If an error,
best case can be a client that doesn't pay. The worst
case is someone loses their job.

Disclaimer:
My assertions are based on actual experience acquired
over a number of years of doing this work
professionaly. They are not college level hypotheses
so it's likely I'm to naive and belligerent to see or
admit to the shortcomings in producing final product
from live events while in the field. :)

In all seriousness productions like the one described
are done with the methods I describe.

ron

 Even the