[linux-audio-user] Debian and friends

Florian Schmidt mista.tapas at gmx.net
Tue Mar 7 11:04:41 EST 2006

On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 22:31:48 -0500 (EST)
"Lee A. Azzarello" <lee at rockingtiger.com> wrote:

> 1) What Debian communities for audio software packaging are you a part of?

The nice thing is that debian is so good, that i don't even need a
community site for it. I sometimes ask a question in the #debian channel
on irc.freenode.org, but that's about it. I'm a pretty long time user
though.

> 2) How do you install new releases to your system?

Errm, depends. Once or twice in a month i do apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

> 3) How often do you build your own kernel for audio systems?

Depends. Once a month maybe, or every second month.

> 5) If you are running real Debian, have you upgraded to etch or sid?

I run debian unstable (dunno what it's release name is).

Backporting is too much of a hassle.If i build from source i don't
bother to make a debian package. I just install it to /usr/local and am
done with it.

Flo

--
Palimm Palimm!