[linux-audio-user] Re: GNU Audio Community Conference Room

Mike Taht mike.taht at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 19:42:45 EST 2006

This is mostly a note for Esben...

I setup an asterisk extension on one of my boxes to dial the
1222GNUAUDIO extension

it's very straightforward, for you asterisk newbies out there, it's a
one liner in your dialplan:

exten => 333,1,Dial(SIP/1222GNUAUDIO at proxy01.sipphone.com);

Judging from your setup description, however, it's not clear if the
"-"s in 1-222-GNU-AUDIO are not required and in fact is invalid syntax
for dialing via some clients.

sip:1222GNUAUDIO at proxy01.sipphone.com
sip:122246828346 at proxy01.sipphone.com

Secondly, these two numbers are not equivalent in your conference
setup map. I just dialed both the ascii version and the number and
they dump you into distinct conference rooms.

The "hold" sample is quite nice. I would argue in favor of a greeting
message "welcome to the lad conference room", and quiet crickets, over
the repeated "you are the first participant" message (from a "I'll
just hang out here and talk to anybody" perspective)

I'm sore tempted to open up a whole bunch of sip/iax/h323 extensions
on my own box with gateways to free world dialup, firefly, sip guest,
iax guest, etc...

Is there anything in sipphone.com's terms of service against using
their conferencing service in this way?

--
Mike Taht
PostCards From the Bleeding Edge