[linux-audio-user] Totally OT (was Rhythm Galaxy vol.1 drum/percussion sample library)

Petter Sundlöf petter.sundlof at findus.dhs.org
Wed Mar 8 08:02:21 EST 2006

The issue here is really if this mailing list is the appropriate place
to advertise commercial and non-free products.
Because we usually deal with free/open source software on these lists,
and a large portion of the people here share music under a free license.

Since the original posting here was about a commercial product, I
thought it was inappropriate ('cause spam isn't allow, I can't see how
this is any different) and wondered if he might be interested in
reciprocating to the community in a more libre way.
(I only asked this because I only use free software and liberated
resources (sounds, samples, patches et cetera) and most of my friends do
too; we release our materials under free license).

Just wanted to explain my reason for asking him. I didn't want to tell
him NOT to ask for money for his product (however I do question the
appropriateness of posting it here).

Cheers,
Petter Sundlöf