[linux-audio-user] Totally OT (was Rhythm Galaxy vol.1 drum/percussion sample library)

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed Mar 8 13:12:14 EST 2006

> Petter Sundlöf wrote:
>
> > Since the original posting here was about a commercial product, I
> > thought it was inappropriate ('cause spam isn't allow, I can't see how
> > this is any different) and wondered if he might be interested in
> > reciprocating to the community in a more libre way.

Why? The title of this list is 'Linux-Audio-Users'? It's not
Libre-Linux-software. No where in the sign up for this list do I
remember ever seeing anything that suggested that someone who built a
library, tested it with Linux software, and wanted to sell it couldn't
announce it here. I think the original poster didn't abuse the board.
He put out one simple email abut his library.  I found the email
announcement intersting and useful. I encourage all library developers
that might make something that works in Linux Audio to announce it
here no matter what the cost.

It's my opinion, and only my opinion, that it's often the 'libre'
community that causes more of these email thread problems by creating
an extended diatribe instead of letting it go. Next time just consider
saying nothing? To celebrate the idea I'm sending this message but at
the same time creating a spam filter to delete any threads with this
title. ;-)

Contrary to Dave's email about the original poster I am not a
contributor on any open source project. I do not feel my comments
matter at all. You should ot pay attention to anything I say. I
strongly and respectufully suggest that you create a spam filter to
delete all emails I send to this list.

Cheers,
Mark