[linux-audio-user] Totally OT (was Rhythm Galaxy vol.1 drum/percussion sample library)

Jan Depner eviltwin69 at cableone.net
Wed Mar 8 17:25:32 EST 2006

On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 10:12 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > Petter Sundlöf wrote:
> >
> > > Since the original posting here was about a commercial product, I
> > > thought it was inappropriate ('cause spam isn't allow, I can't see how
> > > this is any different) and wondered if he might be interested in
> > > reciprocating to the community in a more libre way.
>
> Why? The title of this list is 'Linux-Audio-Users'? It's not
> Libre-Linux-software. No where in the sign up for this list do I
> remember ever seeing anything that suggested that someone who built a
> library, tested it with Linux software, and wanted to sell it couldn't
> announce it here. I think the original poster didn't abuse the board.
> He put out one simple email abut his library.  I found the email
> announcement intersting and useful. I encourage all library developers
> that might make something that works in Linux Audio to announce it
> here no matter what the cost.
>
> It's my opinion, and only my opinion, that it's often the 'libre'
> community that causes more of these email thread problems by creating
> an extended diatribe instead of letting it go. Next time just consider
> saying nothing? To celebrate the idea I'm sending this message but at
> the same time creating a spam filter to delete any threads with this
> title. ;-)
>
> Contrary to Dave's email about the original poster I am not a
> contributor on any open source project. I do not feel my comments
> matter at all. You should ot pay attention to anything I say. I
> strongly and respectufully suggest that you create a spam filter to
> delete all emails I send to this list.

    Even though you're not listening Mark, I beg to differ.  You have
contributed quite a bit to a number of open source projects.  Your
contribution has been audio knowledge.  You also have been very helpful
to quite a few people on this and other lists (myself included).  Sorry
for going OTOT ;-)

--
Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
The Fuzzy Dice

"As we enjoy great advantages from the invention of others, we should be
glad of an opportunity to serve others by any invention of ours, and
this we should do freely and generously."

Benjamin Franklin, on declining patents offered by the governor of
Pennsylvania for his "Pennsylvania Fireplace", c. 1744