[linux-audio-user] Indigo IO problems

Jonny Stutters jstutters at jeremah.co.uk
Thu Mar 9 04:22:35 EST 2006

cdr wrote:
>> So to sum it up, get the firmware, make sure you have the hotplug
>> scripts (which you probably already do), and make sure you make a
>> simlink from /lib/firmware to /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware.
>
> and make sure ALSA_CARDS=indigo is defined in /etc/make.conf. that
> _should_ be all you have to do (besids maybe make sure hotplug is
> checked in kernel config) then emerge alsa-firmware alsa-driver
> hotplug && /etc/init.d/alsasound restart...

Sadly I've done all that and I still get nothing.  Hotplug's loading the
firmware for other stuff so that seems to be working.  Everything seems
to be completely blind to the indigo.

The problem seems to be quite low level - I don't get any response in
dmesg when the card is inserted apart from an acknowledgment from
pccard.  On the working laptop I get messages from the yenta driver and
then some ACPI stuff.

I'm going to try messing with the kernel options to see if I that makes
any difference.  Any help with this will be welcome.

Jonny
www.jeremah.co.uk