[linux-audio-user] Re: Totally OT

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Mar 9 04:58:10 EST 2006

Hallo,
Cesare Marilungo hat gesagt: // Cesare Marilungo wrote:
> And anyway, Maluvia, Carlo and Frank, I disagree on the importance of
> graphics and imagery. You surely need it to sell something, but I don't
> want to sell myself or anything else. My message is just: if you
> appreciate what I do, you can support me. Period.
>
> Recently I've redesigned my website from scratch, and I decided to make
> it as simple as possible. I want to concentrate on things more important
> to me, like music. You can't believe how much this choice has freed my mind.

I agree that the importance of gfx depends on context. I did the
"design" for my own page myself, because I don't care much about
how it looks so it looks shitty but it's not important to me.

However when I do a website for a customer (where I do html and
python) I always refuse to do any design work and tell them to get and
pay a real designer because everything else will just suck.

Of course there are people who can do both graphics and coding and
music. But one should not feel ashamed to admit to not be good in one
of these areas: There are others who are and many will be happy to
help out (either for free or for money).

Ciao