[linux-audio-user] Re: Totally OT

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Mar 9 05:05:43 EST 2006

Hallo,
Cesare Marilungo hat gesagt: // Cesare Marilungo wrote:

> Seriously, if you're right, then your music (like mine) should stink
> since you're also a coder and you can't do both things as good as
> somebody who is just a musician or a developer.

I wrote "*pure* PHP-coder" and "*pure* musician". Being able to do PHP
or HTML doesn't make you a good designer. It's a totally different
profession. That doesn't completely rule out that people *can* be good
at both, but that's actually quite rare because it takes years of
commitment to become a good designer just as it takes years of
practice to be good at, say, Pure Data or the Piano.

Ciao