[linux-audio-user] Re: Totally OT

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Mar 9 05:35:05 EST 2006

Hallo,
Cesare Marilungo hat gesagt: // Cesare Marilungo wrote:

> Cesare Marilungo wrote:
>
> >Frank Barknecht wrote:
> >
> >>And which site looks better: http://www.apple.com/ or
> >>http://sourceforge.net
> >>
> >And which site you visit the most.

I hate visiting Sourceforge, but I have to. I don't visit apple.com,
because they don't offer anything I want.

> Also, if I have a website that looks like apple.com (I'm confident I
> could have made like it, since I've worked 10+ years as a graphic and
> web designer and teacher) what do I communicate?

With that much experience in doing graphics, shouldn't you agree that
someone with just 1 week experience in design will not have a full
grasp of what it takes to do a good design, or that at least s/he will
not have the same level of understanding as someone who spent 10 years
with it?

Let two people do a mockup for a web site design, one with 1 week, one
with 10 years experience in design: Without question there will be a
huge visible difference.

All I'm saying is: If that difference is important to you, then choose
a designer with 10 years experience. If it's not important, feel free
to let someone without experience do the design and live with the
difference. Just don't believe to be able to do a 10-year-design
yourself without spending these 10 years on learning.

Ciao