[linux-audio-user] Re: Totally OT

Carlo Capocasa capocasa at gmx.net
Thu Mar 9 08:06:14 EST 2006

> BTW, I've made my own album covers.

And they're great!

lol... yeah some things are both ways :) The grande answer I suppose as
always is 'it depends'.

I heard once of a Hawaiian chief who was asked by the missionaries which
of two ways to pronounce a word. 'That is correct' was his answer :)

(This little story is a marketing trick by the way... was probably
invented by someone but works charms to illustrate my point :)

As for sincerety in marketing... Well, I guess the answer to that once
is 'By BEING a commercial artist'.

I'm a commercial artist. I see my art as a hybrid between a 'product'
and art. It's both. It depends how you look at it. I want it to be 'art'
in that it is infite, beautiful, loving... I want it to be a 'product'
in that is may be easily devoured by those who wish to do so. Kind of
like infecting the commercial machine with truly inspirational material.
Or, if you are a marketer, I would say 'creating long-lasting products
of genuinety'. The only thing that differs marketing from 'sincere'
speech is that it tells people what to think. It says 'X is so'. 'Joe is
desirable'. This is a problem if the question of whether X is so or not
is a fight to the death. But if it is guided by intuition, which is the
very source of genuineness, I am certain that it can be done.

Respectfully,

Carlo
Busting dogma of all sorts since 1999 :)