[linux-audio-user] Marketing Free Music

Carotinho carotinobg at yahoo.it
Thu Mar 9 19:34:42 EST 2006

Hi!

Alle 23:19, giovedì 9 marzo 2006, Folderol ha scritto:
> I also think it is a mistake to talk about 'free' music. There has been
> a decades long campaign by commercial interests that anything free is
> worthless. You can't fight that overnight and on a zero budget, so don't
> try. Instead, talk about say, 'urban' music or maybe 'natural' music.
> Give the suggestion that it's nothing new, and belongs to everyone
> without using the dangerous 'free' word. Make it seem like a right. In
> today's over-controlled world people are getting pretty uppety about
> what they think are rights being denied them.

We need an adjective that conveys all these positive feelings. It's all about
words. This way, people can put their works under a collective name. But in
my opinion, the "coolness" doesn't stay in the concept that it's free (to
download? to share? where's the news? say this to an eMuler...). The coolest
thing to communicate (and since this is a Linux Audio User I think you would
all agree), is that music has been made with Linux, which is new, fresh,
powerful, geeky, and so on. And, following the spirit of Linux, we share our
music with the fresh and powerful Ogg, and with a fresh and powerful license.
Linux is getting to the point of being usable out of the box, so it won't be
any more a black art to make it work properly with realtime, jack etc.
We need a cool flag behind which marching!:)

Революция!Революция!:)

Ok, that's enough!:)

Carotinho