[linux-audio-user] Re: dj-ing hardware under Linux

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Mar 10 01:21:50 EST 2006

On Fri, Mar 10, 2006 at 04:17:12PM +1100, Loki Davison wrote:
> Truthfully, the crossfader thing is a myth. About the ui you are
> totally right though. In my now 6 years of djing i have never used a
> crossfader for a single mix, same as nearly all djs in my genres.
> However, nice smooth transitions are not possible without  nice faders
> or knobs.

Interesting! Maybe it's a genre thing. What do you play?
I'm not a DJ, but the hip-hop guys I've watched do things that
look to be impossible without a crossfader.

House and Trance, though, don't seem to require any really crazy fader
moves as far as I can tell.  Just rock-solid tempo matching and
invisibly smooth transitions.

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com