[linux-audio-user] Re: Marketing Free Music

Dana Olson dana at ubuntustudio.com
Fri Mar 10 04:15:45 EST 2006

> > Anyhow, I've been thinking a lot lately about removing the MP3s from
> > my own website and leaving only the Oggs, but I think I'd rather have
> > some great logos and information to promote it before - the timing
> > would be right then.
>
> YES YES YES! Do it!

I will, but I need a logo first!

> > My suggestion would be to make any kinds of logos and things like that
> > in SVG form, with a transparent background, as bands have different
> > color schemes or button/banner schemes, etc. and it should really be
> > fairly flexible. For example, if I have a black background, perhaps a
> > white background for an "Ogg Rocks" logo would feel out of place, or
> > whatnot. I say SVG because I like to have my images at certain sizes,
> > and SVG is ideal for that. But these are just suggestions and I might
> > not really know what I'm talking about.
>
> Agree whole-heartedly. We can create nice PNGs for the web sites in an
> automated way FROM the SVGs, but we can also post the SVGs on buildings
> in five meter letters if we want to :)

That was my thoughts. :)

> > Either way, I'm really interested in supporting an initiative like
> > this, even if my music isn't great and I have all of 3 fans. :)
>
> Three fans???? Diva!

Diva?!

Dana is my middle name. My first name is Arnold. I go by my middle
name because my parents were on crack and yeah, whatever.

I know we're a little behind now, but Carlo, this is still fitting:
http://offload1.icculus.org/~dolson/images/clover_16.jpg :D

Dana - ahem, ARNOLD.