[linux-audio-user] Hardware samplers

Cesare Marilungo cesare at poeticstudios.com
Fri Mar 10 05:01:31 EST 2006

Ismael Valladolid Torres wrote:

>Anybody here is working with hardware samplers? How is it managed
>exchanging samples between sampler and computer? Is SCSI supported or
>is it needed using diskettes or zip drives?
>
>I'd like to get one of them second hand and I wonder which hardware
>sampler is more Linux-friendly, given that Linux doesn't seem very
>sampler-friendly. :)
>
>Cordially, Ismael

My suggestion is to save your money and give linuxsampler a try. If you
already have a decent soundcard (otherwise you can buy one with that
money) and a decent computer you can't beat the quality of the software
sampler: same bitrate and sample frequency of your soundcard, no noise
at all and routing to and from every jackd enabled software, unlimited
possibilities. Future.

c.
--
www.cesaremarilungo.com