[linux-audio-user] POLL: Marketing Free Music

Carotinho carotinobg at yahoo.it
Fri Mar 10 13:08:24 EST 2006

Hi!

Alle 18:35, venerdì 10 marzo 2006, Cesare Marilungo ha scritto:
> About the definition, at least according to a google search I've been
> the first to use: 'web releasing musician'. I think it says it all.
> Music released on the web instead of in shops.

That's a definition close to our subject, but IMHO it's not appealing... I
mean, a word like "blog" or "iTunes" is better to memorize and sounds cool (I
know I've an obsession with the word "cool" but I still believe it's the way
to let your ideas spread). Don't know, something like "World Wide Waves",
"P.I.Z.Z.A. Connection (Powerful Interesting ZZ-rated Art)" "ECS-files
(Environmental/Extraordinary/Excellent/Exalted Content Sharing spelled
X-files)", did you get what I mean?:)

But I have a poll for you:
What are the key factors that we want to publicize?

My answer is:
- Alternative distribution (via the Web => modern, trendy)
AND
- Alternative composition (OSS tools, Linux... => modern, trendy)

I think it's morally correct to publicize the fact that my music has been made
with Linux, using OSS tools, so that I'm coherent with my ideas of free
sharing of music etc.

Byez!

Carotinho