[linux-audio-user] usb midi device numbers

Atte André Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 10 18:40:58 EST 2006

Christoph Eckert wrote:

> you want to edit /etc/modules.d/alsa or /etc/modules.conf directly
> (depending on your system configuration):

On debian edit /etc/modutils/alsa-base (or something like that) and run
"update-modules" as root to get the changes into /etc/modules.conf.

I've had trouble making this work under debian for quite a while (it
used to work). I even asked here a while ago. Tonight I managed to
figure it out:

/etc/modprobe.d/sound should be a copy of (or symlink to)
/etc/modutils/alsa(-base). This makes the correct information show up in
/sys/module/snd_usb_audio/parameters/*

So in case anyone (including the original poster, Peter) struggles with
this, try this...

--
peace, love & harmony
Atte