[linux-audio-user] Line6 POD util? WAS: Anybody compiled Free V-Amp?

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Sat Mar 11 02:52:23 EST 2006

> I only have very limited programming skills, but I have a V-Amp Pro,
> and would be very interested in writing this sort of utility.
>
> Would the SYSEX stuff for the V-Amp 2 be similar to the V-Amp Pro, I
> wonder?

no clue, but I guess it is. Can the Pro load sysex files of the 2?

> If so, I would be very interested in learning what you have
> found out!

First, Behringer put more sysex doc into the manuals, thanks to them not
making it a secrect.

Second, the complete device memory (=125 patches) are dumped as one huge
chunk.

Third, one patch is about 58 bytes and I know of almost every byte what
it does :) .

I also have designed a GUI to program the V-Amp in Qt designer, but I
have to search my archives for it if it is of interest.

Best regards

ce