[linux-audio-user] Maya 44USB Audiotrak soundcard setup

Hiram Abiff domain.admin at online.ie
Sat Mar 11 10:38:40 EST 2006

hi!

I bought a MAYA 44 Audiotrak USB soundcard and now I'm trying to set it up.
I can see it when I do "cat /proc/asound/cards"

0 [I82801DBICH4   ]: ICH4 - Intel 82801DB-ICH4
                     Intel 82801DB-ICH4 with AD1981B at 0xd0100c00, irq 11
1 [USB            ]: USB-Audio - MAYA44 USB
                     AUDIOTRAK MAYA44 USB at usb-0000:00:1d.7-4.2, full speed
2 [mate           ]: USB-Audio - XP MIDI mate
                     Ego Systems Inc XP MIDI mate at
usb-0000:00:1d.7-4.3, full speed

I use qjackctl and when I set it to use hw:1 as the audio interface and I get
this:

apparent rate = 48000
creating alsa driver ... hw:1|hw:1|1024|2|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
control device hw:1
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 2 periods
Note: audio device hw:1 doesn't support a 32bit sample format so JACK
will try a 24bit format instead
Note: audio device hw:1 doesn't support a 24bit sample format so JACK
will try a 16bit format instead
nperiods = 2 for capture
Note: audio device hw:1 doesn't support a 32bit sample format so JACK
will try a 24bit format instead
Note: audio device hw:1 doesn't support a 24bit sample format so JACK
will try a 16bit format instead
nperiods = 2 for playback
ALSA: cannot set hardware parameters for playback
ALSA: cannot configure playback channel
cannot load driver module alsa

and jack won't start. What else do I have to configure for the second
soundcard. When I start an audio player, like xmms and tell it to use
hw:1 as a playback device it tells me that it cannot open audio.

I suppose the driver is loaded fine but I misconfigured something.

Please help,

Hiram.

--
"I happen to think that computers are the most important thing to
happen to musicians since the invention of cat-gut which was a long

Robert Moog