[linux-audio-user] Maya 44USB Audiotrak soundcard setup

Hiram Abiff domain.admin at online.ie
Sat Mar 11 14:23:33 EST 2006

Quoting nescivi <nescivi at gmail.com>:

> Hello Hiram,

hi Marije. :)

> try nperiods=3

I tried setting the buffer to 3 but I still get the same error messages.

apparent rate = 48000
creating alsa driver ... hw:1|hw:1|1024|3|48000|0|0|nomon|swmeter|-|32bit
control device hw:1
configuring for 48000Hz, period = 1024 frames, buffer = 3 periods
Note: audio device hw:1 doesn't support a 32bit sample format so JACK
will try a 24bit format instead
Note: audio device hw:1 doesn't support a 24bit sample format so JACK
will try a 16bit format instead
nperiods = 3 for capture
Note: audio device hw:1 doesn't support a 32bit sample format so JACK
will try a 24bit format instead
Note: audio device hw:1 doesn't support a 24bit sample format so JACK
will try a 16bit format instead
nperiods = 3 for playback
ALSA: cannot set hardware parameters for playback
ALSA: cannot configure playback channel
cannot load driver module alsa

The Maya USB soundcard has 4 analog inputs and 4 outputs.
I can change volume no problem from alsamixer for hw:1 (Maya 44USB).

I tried disabling the laptop's audiocard in BIOS hoping that
Maya will become the default soundcard but unfortunately
there is no option in my BIOS for this.

What else could I do, please advise.

Respect,

Hiram.

--
"I happen to think that computers are the most important thing to
happen to musicians since the invention of cat-gut which was a long

Robert Moog