[linux-audio-user] Mac? Linux PC?

Lee Revell rlrevell at joe-job.com
Sat Mar 11 23:06:48 EST 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-11 at 11:37 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
> Loop recording would be my biggest
> miss in the Ardour area, and somethign to replace ALL of Acid Pro is
> only a dream after 4 years and no developer interest.

Not surprising, Linux has not been a viable audio platform (without
patching the kernel or installing a custom audio distro) for very long.
I would expect developer interest to pick up quickly once it becomes
widely known that you can pop in any Linux live CD and OOTB get better
latency than OSX or Windows (still not the case, the upcoming Ubuntu
Dapper will be the first).

Lee