[linux-audio-user] Re: POLL: Marketing Free Music - Jamendo and censorship

Carotinho carotinobg at yahoo.it
Sun Mar 12 13:09:19 EST 2006

Hi!

Alle 15:30, domenica 12 marzo 2006, Mark Knecht ha scritto:
> Consider a recent conviction of some silly 'historian' convicted in
> Europe for writing a book that stated that the Holocaust never
> occurred. What's up with that? We need a 'law' that says the Holocaust
> happened? We know it did. It's amazingly Orwellian thinking to believe
> that we could ever get to a point where the general world population
> ever questioned this fact. But the Austrians (I think...) have a law
> that says you cannot even say the Holocaust didn't happen and
> convicted a silly person who wrote it in a book. I happen to think
> this whole affair really make the Austrians, and by association
> Europeans that don't speak out about this, look rather silly. But then
> again, I'm in California and it's clear everyone here is out of touch
> anyway. ;-)

Here in Italy we have laws against "apology of fascism", and I think it's the
same in Austria: you cannot go out and do eg. the "saluto romano" because
it's an offense to common national feelings, and to the foundations of our
republic. But this does not prevent us speaking about fascism, or discussing
their ideas or valuing the arts of that period etc. So it's not a problem of
being able to say what you want or not: there is something that is offending,
and if you offend a person, he tends to react...:)
The real problem is that there isn't a correspondent "apology of communism",
but that's another question!:)

Byez!

Carotinho