[linux-audio-user] Mac? Linux PC?

Hans Fugal hans at fugal.net
Sun Mar 12 22:49:06 EST 2006

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 at 23:49 +0000, cdr wrote:
> > Apple does make good hardware
>
> they make hardware? last i checked they just knew how to charge twice as much as HP or Dell for Chinese hardware assembled by Quanta. kudos to them..maybe everyone else will understand the power of industrial design and branding one day..

Perhaps I should have said they design good hardware. I could care less
who puts the screws in or where the plastic/metal comes from. I was
referring to the design. The rest is just a bag of atoms.

> in the meantime im happy with the services my DIY "who? you?" hardware provides..

As am I for desktops. I've actually never personally owned a prefabbed
desktop, and probably never will. For that matter I have only bought one
machine all at once, the rest has been partial (and sometimes major)
upgrades.

--
Hans Fugal ; http://hans.fugal.net

    -- Johann Sebastian Bach